General Course Policies
Policies and procedures are in place to govern the way golfers use the course. The purpose is to ensure the quality of the course and enable all golfers to play undisturbed and safely.
It is a player's responsibility to know and understand the policies of each course prior to stepping on the course. Local course rules will be posted in the Pro shop, on score cards or on signage around the course. Etiquette is the consideration of other golfers.
Upon arrival, check into the Pro shop to pay your fees.
Basic Rules and Regulations
USGA Rules govern all play (except as modified by local rules):
- Balls hit into unplayable water hazards require a dropped ball and a penalty stroke
- Balls not found, require a dropped ball and a penalty stoke
- Do not search for a lost ball for more than 5 minutes
- Four players to a group (No spectators or caddies)
- Free drop from cart paths, ground under repair and out of bounds
- In case of lightning or severe weather, return to the club house
- Make sure no one is in front or behind you when swinging your club
- Make sure you play your own ball
- Observe modified rules for golfers with disabilities
- Play holes in order
- Player farthest from the hole, hits first
- Player with lowest score, hits first on next tee
- Remove flagstick from the hole before putting
No Show Policy
In order to respect our paying customers, M-NCPPC enforces a No Show policy to ensure that reserved Tee Times are either fulfilled or cancelled prior to the scheduled time. Cancellations can be made by calling the Pro Shop or through our online reservation system. No Show policy is enforced according to the following schedule:
Customer reservation privileges are suspended until such time as they speak with the staff at one of our courses to confirm understanding of the No Show policy. After speaking with staff, your reservation privileges will be re-instated.
Customer reservation privileges are suspended for a period of 90 days.
Customer reservation privileges are suspended for the remainder of the season.
Please note, account suspension only affects reservation. Customers are still allowed to come play on the course, but will not be able to make advance reservations under their name.
- Be quiet and still while other players are about to make their shot.
- Be ready to play when it is your turn.
- Coolers are not permitted. Alcohol may not be brought onto premises.
- Don't stand close to players about to swing their club.
- Don't take more than one practice swing.
- Keep golf carts 30 feet from greens and tees.
- Keep pull carts off greens, collars, aprons, and tees.
- No bags on greens.
- Observe cart paths and signs.
- Rake sand traps after play.
- Record your scores honestly.
- Repair ball marks.
- Replace divots.
- Replace flag after play.
- Shirts must be worn at all times. No tank tops or cut-off shorts are allowed.
- Soft spikes required (no metal spikes).
- Stay on pace of play with recommended times.
- Stopping between nines may forfeit your turn on the 10th tee.
- When necessary, allow the group behind to play through.
- Write down scores while on the way to next hole to allow group behind you to approach the green.
- Yell "fore" if a struck ball is heading into other golfers.