Rental Information & Guidelines
The Show Place Arena is open to booking weekday events in the meeting rooms at all times. However, because of the proximity of the rooms to the Arena, meeting room events on weekends are typically booked only 90 days in advance, unless we know what event will be in the Arena and that the events will be compatible.
- The rooms may be rented singly or in combination.
- All events must end by midnight.
- Staffing requirements vary with type of event.
- Events with music are subject to determination of security requirements, which are provided by the Maryland-National Capital Park Police and paid for by the event lease holder.
- We will pencil in a hold for up to two weeks. After two weeks, we will require a non-refundable deposit and a contract.
- We may challenge your penciled-in date before the end of the two-week hold period if another group is interested in the date. At that point your deposit will be required within a specified time in order to keep the date.
Our in-house catering staff can provide quality food tastefully presented for your event.
- Catering buyouts are available – please contact the facility for details.
- Menus to suit any occasion from box lunches to cocktail receptions to elegant sit down meals.
- Table settings and service for both black-tie and informal events.
- We have the alcoholic beverage license and must provide and serve any alcoholic beverages desired for the event.
- In all cases, the food (in-house catering or outside caterer) and beverage must be coordinated with our Food and Beverage Manager.
Room rates based on a four-hour event minimum. Catering fees are separate. To plan your next meeting or banquet at The Show Place Arena, call 301-952-7900, TTY 301-952-7998.