The Prince George's Equestrian Center
Equestrians from all over the world have competed in events held at The Prince George’s Equestrian Center. The facilities are available for rent to accommodate local, regional and national equestrian events year round in the disciplines of hunter/jumper, dressage, mounted games, open shows, western shows, saddle seat, breed show and carriage driving.
Please contact the Equestrian Manager for rental availability at email@example.com or by calling 301-952-7900.
Repeat clients and horse shows with recognized dates from an organization, such as the United States Equestrian Foundation or the American Quarter Horse Association, will be given priority. New clients must complete a rental application and provide references.
When facilities are available, more than one horse show may take place in the outdoor facilities, and other events may be scheduled in The Show Place Arena. The Equestrian Center Management reserves the right to assign barns for various shows in order to efficiently accommodate multiple events.
Outdoor Equestrian Facilities
- Two regulation sized show rings (Rings 1 & 2), 150’ x 300’ each. Schooling rings are adjacent to show rings. Show ring footing is sand and equi-fiber.
- Show Office with restrooms, views of Rings 1 and 2, and public address system.
- One covered show ring, 150’ x 300’ with Equi Fiber footing. Schooling ring approximately 120 x 200, with sand and stone dust footing.
- Seven permanent barns with stabling for up to 250 horses.
- Spaces designated for installation of temporary stables available with prior approval of Equestrian Center management. Installation of temporary stalls requires a permit.
- Outdoor vendors may set up with access to 20 amp and 30 amp electricity adjacent to the Show Rings, south of the Arena.
- Lunging is permitted ONLY in designated areas.
- Horse Trailer parking is available on designated areas noted on the site plan. Horse trailers may not be parked in lots 1, 2, 3, 4 on weekdays.
- Wash stands or racks are available at each barn.
- Overnight camping with electric hookups for horse show participants is available for 25 campers. Reservations for camper sites are made with each horse show management.
Arena Equestrian Events
The Show Place Arena can accommodate indoor equestrian events. With the footing installed, the Arena horse ring is 120' x 240’. For indoor horse shows, the footing is 10” of limestone dust. For more information about use of The Show Place Arena for horse shows, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 301-952-7900.